Here is the publisher’s press release for Leading the Learning Revolution:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Kama Timbrell at 212-903-8315 / ktimbrell @ amanet.org
Tap into the Booming, Multibillion-Dollar Business of Continuous Education
LEADING THE LEARNING REVOLUTION
The Expert’s Guide to Capitalizing on the Exploding Lifelong Education Market
Going, going, almost gone are the days of the knowledge economy. Due to a convergence of global forces and personal incentives, we now live and work in a learning economy. In a rapidly changing employment market with a new level of competitive pressures and the new normal of job-hopping, people of all ages and career stages are increasingly responsible for their own professional development and success. More than half of working adults—over 60 million people—are currently engaged in learning through webinars, webcasts, in-house training, and continuing education classes. People of all ages are also increasingly comfortable with Web 2.0 technologies and seeking out alternative providers of education.
“There is simply no denying that a major shift in the market for lifelong learning is underway,” states Jeff Cobb, a respected consultant, entrepreneur, speaker, and author on the subject. In LEADING THE LEARNING REVOLUTION: The Expert’s Guide to Capitalizing on the Lifelong Education Market (AMACOM; January 24, 2013; $29.95 Hardcover), Cobb offers anyone seeking to launch or grow a lifelong education business the benefit of his experience, plus the expertise of noted thought leaders and trailblazers on the new learning landscape. Rather than focus on policy or curriculum design, Cobb concentrates on what enterprising individuals and small companies need to know and do to compete with traditional players like trade associations, training firms, and continuing education divisions of community colleges—and win a nice big profitable piece of this multibillion-dollar industry.
Providing a firm foundation in fundamental learning business principles and approaches, LEADING THE LEARNING REVOLUTION shows educational entrepreneurs how to identify, understand, and connect with their customer base of avid learners, and then deliver content and value that exceeds their customers’ expectations. Throughout, readers will find expert insights and an abundance of practical tips, techniques, and tools to help them:
- Assess four new business models for the learning landscape—P2 Community Model and Virtual Conference Model among them—and choose the right one for their venture.
- Stand out from the competition by establishing a unique position and offering prospective learners a range of options, at varying price points and value levels.
- Master seven rules to create and deliver high-quality experiences grounded in sound learning principles.
- Manage a “home base” learning site, leverage webinars, and develop the skills to move up to more sophisticated learning management systems.
- Apply proven research and writing techniques to create a body of compelling, original content and develop the competencies to create digital video and audio.
- Continually engage with learners and use free content, email, search terms, social media, and effective landing pages to attract prospects and win new customers.
- Adopt a “beta mentality”—the idea that it is better to launch a business with an acceptable product and then rapidly improve rather than strive for initial perfection.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and demonstrate the impact of the learning experiences they deliver while continually striving towards innovation.
Thanks to sweeping forces of transformation, lifelong learning is fast becoming a requirement for everyone striving to sustain a successful, fulfilling career. With LEADING THE LEARNING REVOLUTION to lead the way, entrepreneurs will get an edge on the opportunity to prosper as an educational provider while helping others learn, grow, and prosper.
About the Author
Jeff Cobb is the founder of Tagoras, a research and consulting firm focused on continuing education. A frequent speaker and a vocal advocate of lifelong learning, he has nearly two decades of experience in the world of learning technology and innovation. His previous books include 10 Ways to Be a Better Learner and Shift Ed. He lives in Carrboro, North Carolina.
Title: LEADING THE LEARNING REVOLUTION:The Expert’s Guide to Capitalizing on the Lifelong Education Market
Author: Jeff Cobb
Pub. Date: January 24, 2013
Price: $29.95 Hardcover
Find book covers and author photos online at http://www.amacombooks.org/go/art/