Learning Revolution was founded by Jeff Cobb, a consultant and entrepreneur with more than two decades of experience in the e-learning industry and broader education business, and the author of Leading the Learning Revolution: The Expert’s Guide to Capitalizing on the Exploding Lifelong Education Market.
Jeff has extensive experience with developing and implementing online course platforms and he has helped a long list of organizations select the right technologies for hosting online learning experiences and maximizing the reach, revenue, and impact of their education businesses. He has also helped to launch and grow multiple education-focused businesses, including:
- University Access/Quisic, a company that partnered with top-ranked business schools to deliver high-quality business education online to a global audience (Sr. Vice President of Business Development);
- Isoph, a learning management system (LMS) and online course creation company (Co-founder and CEO);
- LearnSomething (now Conduent), the company to which Isoph was successfully sold in 2005 (Vice President of Business Development);
- Tagoras, a consulting and media company serving the global business of lifelong learning and host of multiple in-person and virtual conferences (Co-founder and Managing Director).
- Co-host of the Leading Learning Podcast, which has close to 400 episodes and was awarded the 2023 Gold Signal Award.
Jeff has published multiple books in addition to Leading the Learning Revolution, including ShiftEd: A Call to Action for Transforming K-12 Education with futurist David Houle.
Jeff is a vocal advocate of cradle-to-grave lifelong learning and an award-winning teacher. He currently serves on the board of directors of the Family Firm Institute and recently completed two 3-year terms on the governing board of NIGP: The Institute for Public Procurement, to which he was specifically appointed as an education thought leader.
He has previously served on the advisory board of Future Learning, the Professional Development Section Council of the American Society of Association Executives, the research committee of the Learning Guild, and the editorial board of Innovate, a leading resource for information about innovations in learning and technology.
Jeff is a member of the American Society of Association Executives, the Learning Guild, UPCEA, the Institute of Management Consultants, and the Society for the Advancement of Consulting.
The bottom line is that he’s not just some blogger who decided to write about how to get rich selling online courses. He runs his own seven-figure business that is built on many of the practices covered regularly here on Learning Revolution – from consulting to monetizing podcasts, Webinars, virtual events, blog content, and other types of scalable learning experiences.
For Jeff and for Learning Revolution, adult education and lifelong learning is an area in which edupreneurs and expertise-based businesses have a critical role to play. While there are plenty of opportunities for making money, these opportunities come with the responsibility to serve learners effectively and create real positive change and impact in their lives.