The e-learning industry continues to grow at a phenomenal pace. There are so many learning management systems (LMS) to choose from that it can be difficult to know which platform to choose for your online business.
During your search for a solid LMS, you might have come across Kajabi, a well-known platform in the online course market. Founded in 2010, Kajabi gives users all the tools they need to build and launch a thriving, profitable education business.
In this in-depth Kajabi review, we’ll explore the online course software in great detail, from its latest features and pricing to its support, integrations, pros and cons, and more.
We’ll even look at some alternatives to Kajabi to help you determine whether or not this is the right platform for you to start selling online courses.
Kajabi might be the perfect solution for you if you’re an edupreneur seeking a platform that can help you with every aspect of your business, from building courses, community, and coaching opportunities to learner management, marketing, payments, affiliates, and more.
This platform does it all. In fact, it’s consistently ranked as our top pick for the best all-in-one platform.
Here are a few use cases to give you a better idea of what it can do for you.
- Coaches: Kajabi offers next-level coaching features like recorded sessions, a built-in scheduler, and other tools designed to help you offer an enhanced client experience.
- Consultants: Create and manage your consulting business seamlessly with integrated tools including video conferencing tools, scheduling tools, and live video features.
- Authors: As an author, you can use Kajabi to monetize your business beyond books. Build meaningful relationships with your readers and earn money in multiple ways.
- Speakers: Take your subject matter expertise and transform it into a reliable source of income by using the landing page builder and built-in marketing tools to sell your virtual event.
- Instructors and Trainers: Successfully offer your training programs and workouts to a global audience with automated features to create, market, and sell your services.
Kajabi’s integrated, all-in-one design is one of the reasons why it’s considered by many to be one of the best online course platforms around. The platform has an intuitive interface designed to make it easy for you to find the tools you need.
Even total beginners will get a handle on the ins and outs of the platform in no time.
On the left-hand side of the page, you’ll find tabs for products (courses, coaching, community, podcasts, etc.), sales (offers, coupons, payments, affiliates, etc.), and marketing (email campaigns, funnels, automations, events, forms, and more).
You can design, build, and launch a website, landing page, or blog from your dashboard. All the tools you need are at your fingertips. Once your website, course, community, or other digital product is created, you can use the contacts feature to keep track of your learners and subscribers.
There’s also an analytics feature to track your important metrics, including net revenue, subscription metrics, options, page views, product progress, offers sold, and affiliates.
Bottom line, you can operate everything from one convenient dashboard, which means you don’t have to jump from one tool, app, or tab to another when managing your business.
Kajabi has created a new resource, Kajabi AI Creator Hub, which is a suite of tools for creators and powered by Kajabi AI. You can use these free AI tools to build your expertise-based business quickly.
These AI tools can do everything from structuring your course and creating your lessons to building your marketing campaigns and much more.
The image below shows the different types of content that you can create.
Simply click the relevant button to generate the type of content you need.
It doesn’t get any easier than this. Just bring your brilliant idea and sit back and watch as the AI turns it into a sellable product.
As soon as you log onto your dashboard, you’ll see the “Products” tab on the left-hand side of the page. Click it, and you can start creating your first product.
Set up a course, community, membership website, podcast, or any other product that you want to start selling.
Here’s a quick look at the platform’s core product offerings:
Kajabi’s course builder offers prompts that make it easy to package and sell your information. You can follow these prompts to create the course yourself, or you can let the platform’s AI create a sample course outline for you just by answering a few quick questions.
If that’s what you want, simply toggle that option on the course creation page and the AI will get to work on your behalf.
Some of the features you might find helpful for building your course include:
- Video content
- Audio content
- Text lessons
- Quizzes and surveys
- Membership area
- Exclusive downloads
You can put these together in any way you like to create a unique learning experience for your learners.
You can create a coaching program and share your knowledge and expertise to help your learners achieve their goals.
Some of the coaching features available to you on the Kajabi platform:
- Video content
- Audio content
- Live video conferencing
- Calendar integrations
- Exclusive downloads
- Shared notes
Kajabi lets you book one-on-one sessions with clients, monitor their progress, get in-depth reports, and more. You can even book coaching sessions up to one year ahead, and add time buffers between sessions to make it easier for you to stay organized.
The best part is that you get to run your entire coaching business from a single platform. From creating your coaching packages to marketing your services, processing payments, scheduling meetings, and more.
You can even share resources, send follow-up emails, and host live calls. All of this is built right in, and if it’s not enough, feel free to integrate some of your favorite tools like Google Calendar using Kajabi’s native integrations (more on that below).
A podcast lets you turn your knowledge into a monetizable show, and Kajabi has an intuitive suite of tools to help you do that successfully.
Kajabi’s podcasting features include:
- Audio content
- Podcast homepage
- Import podcast
- Podcast distribution
- Paid feeds
You can create a members-only podcast to give your customers a convenient way to get your premium content. Alternatively, you can use a free podcast as a way to upsell your paid offers.
Either way, the platform simplifies the podcast creation process and guides you every step of the way.
You can start by filling in your podcast title, host name, and a short description of what your show is about.
Once you upload your first episode, you can distribute it to all major listening apps in just a few clicks and start monetizing your show right from your dashboard.
This means you won’t have to waste any of your valuable time trying to figure out effective ways to get your podcast out to the world.
Building a community around your topic gives you the opportunity to earn recurring subscription revenue from members, which makes income more predictable. This is something every coach, consultant, instructor, trainer, writer, and speaker dreams of.
Kajabi has tools to build a vibrant community of engaged learners and segment them into multiple groups to create different areas for your members to interact (and for you to monetize using various models).
All of this can be achieved with Kajabi’s built-in community features, such as:
- Live video
- Video recordings
- Mobile app
- Posts feed
- Challenges (including points, awards, and badges)
With features like these, it’s clear to see that Kajabi goes way beyond the old standard of mere “post, reply, repeat”.
You even get access to accountability tools, ambassadors, and many other features to help you build a strong community of engaged learners around your business.
Kajabi has a powerful website builder that’s fully integrated into the platform. In minutes, you can have a full-featured and fully functional website that connects up everything in your business – even if you’ve never built a website before.
You can build a website or blog to:
- Create a central hub for your business where you can showcase all your products
- Publish blog content to drive more targeted traffic to your site
- Give learners an efficient way to get access to additional resources
No design knowledge is required and you don’t have to start from scratch. There are dozens of pre-made templates to choose from, like the ones shown below:
Simply pick one and click any section on the template to customize it with your own text, images, videos, and other media.
Although Kajabi’s main focus is on simplicity and ease of use, advanced users can subscribe to the Pro plan to get access to the code editor for a pixel-perfect website.
Kajabi has a range of built-in marketing and automation tools to help you hit the ground running. These include sales funnels, email marketing tools, landing pages, and forms.
Create marketing funnels quickly with ready-made, automated, and fully scalable funnels that you can use for lead generation, webinars, and product launches.
You can even connect different sales and marketing channels to create a seamless multi-channel funnel for your online business.
There’s no need to be a funnel expert, either. You’ll find plenty of proven templates to suit every industry and purpose. This means that most of the work is done for you and you also get ready-to-use playbooks to help you customize and launch any of the pre-built frameworks on the platform.
To learn more about this feature and how you can use it to optimize your business growth, read our post on how you can use Kajabi Funnels.
Use the world-class email marketing software on Kajabi to create successful campaigns that generate leads, boost sales, and nurture your audience.
Kajabi’s email feature comes with a flexible visual builder and has all the current best practices built-in, which means no guesswork from the get-go.
Kajabi believes that “simple” does not have to mean “basic”. With the platform’s intuitive visual builder, you can create stunning sales pages to help you sell online courses.
Just pick a template, customize it, and publish it. No tech knowledge required and no headaches. You’ll be ready to launch in just a few clicks.
There are landing page templates to suit all needs, including lead generation, lead capture, product awareness, sales, and policy.
You can adjust each section on the page and fully customize the different elements in each section until you have a unique landing page that truly speaks to your brand.
Once your site is set up, you can integrate payment processors in a few steps.
Kajabi partners with PayPal and now features Google Pay. While these payment functionalities are perfectly adequate for most users, you may want to control more sophisticated automations related to compensation.
In that case, you can install third-party applications like Zapier that let you connect to even more payment solutions.
Now, Kajabi features Google Pay to give your customers one more convenient option at checkout. It’s easy to set up and use and comes with a high level of security.
Using the Google Pay app provides a seamless experience for both you and your customers. When you set this up in your Kajabi Payments, you’ll receive quick and easy payments directly to your bank account with no additional fees.
On Kajabi, you can create several payment plans based on your offerings.
- One-Time Payments: You can choose to take one-time payments for goods or construct complex subscription programs and payment schedules.
- Monthly Payments: For more expensive courses, you can give customers payment choices like a monthly, recurring subscription for continued access to a course.
- One-time Annual Fee: Alternatively, you can offer a one-off annual fee at a considerable discount to entice more people to choose this option.
- Coupons: Use single coupons or bulk codes to entice members to purchase more of your products.
The amount of time it takes your learners to complete your online course is highly dependent on the way they experience the course.
In fact, the learning experience you provide plays a pivotal role in whether or not learners finish your course at all.
That’s why, as an instructor or coach, it’s important to choose a platform with robust learner engagement tools.
Fortunately, Kajabi’s got your back here. You’ll find a range of helpful tools to help you build a truly unique and motivational learning experience.
Here’s a quick look at some of the learner experience tools available to you:
You can create and customize quizzes and surveys in Kajabi, and add them to your courses, website, landing pages, etc.
In addition to helping you gauge how much of your content learners retained, quizzes and surveys can help you in a variety of other ways.
For instance, you can use them to assess your learners’ prior knowledge and experience.
You can also use them to survey your website visitors or even to gather data to help you create content that better resonates with your visitors.
This is yet another feature that sets Kajabi apart from similar LMS providers – and one of the best things about using this platform for your assessments and tests.
You can use the gamification feature to make the experience more fun and motivating. It’s also a great way to boost learner interaction.
Use challenges, points, rewards, and badges to keep them engaged in your course and motivate them to complete all the lessons in your course.
Kajabi has its own community function which makes a great alternative to traditional choices like Discord and other social media platforms.
This feature allows you to interact with your learners much as you would on traditional forums.
You can make announcements and learners can create posts using the community function.
They have the option to upload multiple videos, photographs, and links to the community feed. They can also like and comment on other users’ posts.
Each user can manage everything connected to their online course in one place using this single web location.
As an educational entrepreneur, you know how painful it can be to access an online course or workshop through a mobile browser.
Kajabi solves this by providing you with a ready-made app that makes your products accessible to learners with a single click.
No need to worry about development costs. Simply sign up, and the platform’s experts will create a professional-grade app that’ll elevate you above your competitors.
Your learners will appreciate this app for many reasons, not least of which is that it provides a seamless mobile experience and breaks down the barriers that stop many learners from completing courses.
For example, if they forget their login, the app provides them with a “magic link” that lets them access the course without a password.
If they lose their place, the mobile app saves their progress to make it easy for them to continue from where they were.
As an online course business owner, you know that fast insights lead to faster growth. Kajabi has built-in analytics features that give you smarter reports and insights so you can make better decisions for your business.
You get the right metrics that are relevant to you – all of them organized in simple-to-read web analytics dashboards, as shown in the example below:
If you still require more data to geek on, you can integrate Google Analytics for additional data that enables you to gain fresh perspectives on your intended audience.
If you are already a Kajabi user, you can easily switch over to the new Google Analytics 4. For new users, you can easily set up GA4 through Google, and once the GA4 tag is created, you can integrate GA4 with Kajabi in just a few clicks.
Judging by the features and functionality outlined above, it’s clear that Kajabi is an excellent all-in-one platform for instructors at all levels of experience.
But, like all other software solutions, it does have its own set of unique pros and cons. Here are some of the most prominent ones.
- All-in-One Platform: Kajabi’s true value lies in the fact that you don’t need to pay for any other subscription to build and run your knowledge-based business.
- Ease of Use: The entire software is designed to help non-tech-savvy users to create and manage their businesses without the need to handle any technical details.
- Robust Analytics: You get visually-focused analytics tools that require no learning curve for you to get valuable insights into the progress of your online business.
- Fast Payments: Kajabi offers a reliable payment processing system via Stripe and PayPal.
- Free Course Hosting: By default, your course is hosted by Kajabi, but you can change the domain to have it appear on your own website.
- AI Tools: Kajabi has an AI Creator Hub where you’ll find free AI tools that let you create your online course in just minutes.
- Directly Monetize Your Community: The built-in community platform lets you interact with your learners in a way that’s similar to a traditional forum or Subreddit and you can use this feature as an upsell and even charge for it.
- Knowledgeable Support: When it comes to customer service, Kajabi’s support staff doesn’t disappoint. They are knowledgeable, polite, and prompt.
- No Free Plan: Kajabi does not offer a free plan, although there is a free 14-day trial that you can use to test out all the core features on the platform.
- Relatively High Prices: Kajabi costs more than other online learning platforms like Podia, TalentLMS, and Teachable. However, the pricing is justified by the scope of features and resources offered by the platform.
- Limited Customization: Some features on Kajabi, such as the quiz and learner engagement features lack in-depth customization capabilities.
- No SCORM Support: Kajabi is not SCORM-compliant, which means users can’t upload LMS formats like SCORM and HTML files.
- No Continuing Ed Credit Options: Kajabi does not offer continuing education credit (CEC).
Kajabi goes above and beyond basic LMS capabilities, which makes it perhaps one of the greatest learning management systems available in the market today.
It has a comprehensive set of tools compared to most online course platforms and there’s no doubt that it’s absolutely worth it for both beginners and established educators who want to build and grow their knowledge-based business online.
However, the software does have some drawbacks, and if you find that it doesn’t tick all the boxes for you, then you might consider one of these Kajabi alternatives instead.
One of the main differences between these two learning platforms is in the front-end design. Most notably, Teachable only offers a few basic course templates, while Kajabi has a wider selection and more customization options.
While Teachable costs significantly less than Kajabi, it is lacking in the area of core features and advanced theme customizations.
The main difference between Kajabi and Podia lies in the number of features on offer. Kajabi is an all-in-one platform with features for everything from website building and marketing to affiliates, analytics, and more.
Podia, on the other hand, is designed mainly for creating and selling online courses, which means it’s pretty light on other features, such as marketing tools, funnels, analytics, etc.
Both Kajabi and Thinkific offer a lot of great features for building online courses and other digital products. However, Thinkific is better suited to beginners who are just getting started and want a free or low-cost way to get a handle on the essential tools needed to run a successful information-based business.
Kajabi makes a better choice for established educational entrepreneurs looking to take their business to the next level with advanced marketing tools such as funnel building, email, and so on.
Kajabi has some key capabilities that can potentially replace many other systems. This is an important consideration to take into account when deciding whether or not Kajabi is worth the investment as it will save you money that you would otherwise spend on a number of monthly subscriptions.
Some of the core capabilities of the platform include the following:
- Subscriptions, Courses, Memberships: Potentially replaces Teachable, Thinkific, and Kartra
- Website Builder: Potentially replaces WordPress, Wix, Squarespace
- Shopping Cart/E-commerce: Potentially replaces WooCommerce, SamCart, Keap (InfusionSoft)
- Email Service Provider: Potentially replaces MailChimp, Aweber, ConvertKit
- Landing Pages and Funnels: Potentially replaces Lead pages, Click funnels
- Communities: Potentially replaces Facebook Groups, Mighty Networks
Although this isn’t a comprehensive list of all the platform’s capabilities, it gives you a good idea of the comprehensive nature of Kajabi and why our team considers it to be the best all-in-one online course platform.
Kajabi has three growth-focused plans and you can unlock more features as your business grows. The pricing plans are transparent with no hidden fees.
Here’s what you get with each plan:
- Basic Plan: $149/Month: This plan comes with everything you need to get your business up and running, including 1 website, 1 admin user, 1,000 active customers, 10,000 contacts, and unlimited landing pages and marketing emails. You can build 3 funnels and 3 products, and there are no transaction fees.
- Growth Plan: $199/Month: This is Kajabi’s most popular plan. It comes with all the features in the Basic plan, as well as a few advanced offerings including 24/7 chat support, an affiliate program, advanced automations, and the ability to remove Kajabi branding. You get up to 10 admin users, 10,000 active customers, and 25,000 contacts. You can create 15 products and 15 sales and marketing funnels.
- Pro Plan: $399/Month: The Pro plan comes with advanced features that let you scale your business and your team. It includes all the Growth features and up to 25 admin users, 3 websites, 20,000 active customers, and 100,000 contacts. You can create 100 funnels and 100 products on this plan. You also get a custom code editor which comes in handy if you like to dive deep into the weeds when building your website.
Save 20% on your premium subscription by paying annually.
You can sign up for a free 14-day trial for any of the premium plans. If you need to scale even further than the Pro plan, simply get in touch with the support team and they’ll help you craft a unique plan that is right for you.
Customer support is yet another area where this online course platform excels. Kajabi users can get support in a number of ways, including the following:
- Live Chat: Get in touch with support via the live chat on the website. Live chat hours vary according to which plan you’re on. Pro users get 24/7 live chat support.
- Webinars: Kajabi hosts educational and Q&A webinars every day of the week so you can learn to master the platform and grow your business from the comfort of your home.
- Kajabi Access: You can get one-on-one sessions or join group calls with customer success managers to get the guidance you need to meet your goals.
- Submit a Ticket: Submit a request on the platform’s help center and the support team will get back to you via email.
Kajabi also has a wealth of other resources to help you succeed. They include the following:
- Facebook Community: Join Kajabi’s engaged community of like-minded entrepreneurs and experts looking to share their experiences and learn from others as well.
- Free Guides: Kajabi offers step-by-step guides to assist you at every stage of the online business creation process.
- Kajabi Blog: Visit the regularly updated blog to stay informed on the e-learning industry’s latest trends.
- Kajabi Edge Podcast: Discover what’s going on in today’s creator economy and listen to success stories from other creators like you.
- Kajabi University: Here, you’ll be able to get on-demand training to help you launch a successful knowledge business.
Kajabi comes with built-in tools for every aspect of your business, including a website builder, email marketing tools, payment processors, and the LMS itself. There are also several other tools to help you develop and sell your digital products.
So why would you need integrations?
Well, for one, you may want to connect to some of your favorite tools to streamline your work processes. Or, you may want to add even more functionality to your Kajabi website.
The good news is that Kajabi plays nice with other tools and offers a range of third-party integrations including:
- Accredible: For course completion certificates.
- Google Tag Manager: An accurate way to update your website tags.
- Calendly: Convert website visitors into scheduled meetings.
- Segment: For analytics and visitor tracking data.
- TypeForm: For creating beautiful, interactive forms.
- Zapier: An easy way to move between your web apps automatically.
Here’s what some happy customers had to say about Kajabi:
- “It took me one day to set up everything I needed to sell with Kajabi.” – Haley Burkhead, Marketing Strategist.
- “Thank you Kajabi for giving us all the tools we need to build a successful online business.” – Chris Luck, Entrepreneur.
- “So grateful for this incredible platform and the awesome team behind it.” – Brian J. Dixon, Business Coach.
- “I joined Kajabi just a month ago, and I made my first 1K in a few days!” – Sarah-Jane Walls, Posture Expert.
To put it simply, Kajabi is an all-in-one solution used for creating, managing, and marketing online courses or coaching platforms.
The software has everything you need to turn your knowledge into any type of digital product. All the tools you need are in one place, and the best part is that there’s no need for technical knowledge. If you can point-and-click a mouse, you can build your online business on Kajabi.
However, because of the comprehensive nature of Kajabi’s features, it does come with a proportionate price tag.
Having said that, our team believes that it’s worth the additional expense, especially when you consider that many of Kajabi’s competitors only offer a few of those features.
As a quick recap, here are some of the core features and functions that make Kajabi an excellent solution for your educational offering.
Key Features and Functions
- Online course-building and website development, complete with domain access
- Community engagement tools
- Marketing tools, particularly for automating email marketing campaigns
- Analytics with visualization for ease of use
- In-platform payment methods for learners
- Excellent customer and learner support
If you’re starting out, then you may not need all the features on the platform.
But, if you’re focused on growing your business, then you can be sure that you’ll get all the tools you need to scale from 10 to 100,000 learners and beyond.
If you’re ready to get started building your online business, sign up for a free Kajabi account right now.
Yes. Although Kajabi is mainly designed for creating and selling online courses and other digital products, you can sell physical products such as paperback books and merchandise in addition to your courses, training, or coaching webinars.
Kajabi is an excellent course platform for speakers, authors, coaches, and other edupreneurs who want to implement gamification into their courses. The software supports different forms of gamification via the implementation of challenges, points, badges, and awards.
Absolutely. Kajabi courses are automatically responsive and have complete functionality on smartphones, tablets, and other devices.
Yes. You can use Kajabi instead of MailChimp. Of course, you can still integrate MailChimp into Kajabi if you prefer to use the email software instead, but it’s not necessary to do so as Kajabi has the same email marketing features built in.
Khatami has an affiliate program that compensates current platform users whenever they refer new customers to the company. You can make 30% lifetime commission for each successful sale made through your affiliate link.
Table of Contents